Mission and areas of activity
The Ministry of Justice has the mission to analyze the situation and problems in the areas of activity managed, to develop effective public policies in its fields of competence, to monitor the quality of policies and normative acts and to propose justified state interventions that will provide effective solutions , including in other areas assigned in the competence according to normative acts.
The Ministry performs established functions in the following fields of activity:
1) reform of the justice and law system;
2) legislative creation and improvement of legislation;
3) legal information, evidence and systematization of legislation;
4) international relations in the segment of justice and human rights;
5) representing the Government at the European Court of Human Rights;
6) representing the Government in the Parliament and the Constitutional Court;
7) representation of the state's interests in the courts;
8) legal professions and services;
9) punitive policies of the state;
10) administration, within the limits established by law, of the courts;
11) judicial expertise;
12) anti-corruption and integrity;
13) archive and secretarial work.